Studies have shown that people who participate in regular physical activity have fewer mental health issues and better overall emotional well-being. Fitness and mental health go hand-in-hand in helping men and women from all walks of life and activity levels holistically improve their mental health. A mental health treatment program is essential for any well-rounded treatment program that promotes long-lasting recovery.
At Harmony Hills, we combine physical fitness and mental health therapy to give our clients an effective treatment plan to improve their lives. We offer inpatient and outpatient treatment programs that include behavioral and holistic therapies that will rebuild their physical and mental strength. For more information about how exercise can help reduce your depression or anxiety symptoms, call 855.494.0357 today or fill out our online form.
Why is Your Physical Health Important to Your Mental Health?
Exercise is very beneficial to your physical health and mental health. It reduces symptoms of depression and anxiety and can provide healthy social interaction with peers. Exercise can also help improve cognitive function and increase self-esteem. Treatment centers are now combining exercise programs and behavioral therapies to improve many mental health symptoms.
Men and women who participate in an exercise program as part of their mental health treatment will have an easier time coping with their negative feelings. Some of the exercise routines that clients can participate in to benefit their mental health include:
At Harmony Hills, we provide our clients with heart-pumping exercise routines to greatly improve their mood and recovery process. Men and women will build their physical health and mental health simultaneously while forming healthy coping skills that they will use throughout their lives to maintain their happiness.
Benefits of Physical Fitness and Mental Health
Treatment facilities and medical professionals are beginning to open their eyes to the benefit of working on a client’s physical fitness and mental health at the same time. They recognize how beneficial it can be in improving their overall well-being without more medication. Just some of the benefits of physical fitness and mental health include:
- Improves sleep patterns – Men and women who exercise regularly will get a better night’s sleep. It is recommended you get 6-8 hours of sleep each night to give your brain and body time to heal. Those who exercise get a more restful sleep with more time spent in deep sleep.
- Reduces addictive habits – A regular exercise routine is beneficial to those with an addictive personality. It teaches them how to create healthy habits to replace those that negatively impact their health.
- Gives your brain a boost – Exercise gets your heart pumping and blood rushing to your brain and other body parts. The more blood flow to the brain, the better you can concentrate and focus on the tasks at hand.
- Increases creativity – Exercise releases dopamine and other endorphins that increase your happiness, mood, and focus. This, in turn, increases a person’s creativity and desire to try new things.
- Improved self-esteem – A regular exercise routine is very beneficial to your self-esteem and confidence. You will increase your physical strength, look healthier, and feel better about yourself.
Harmony Hills: Combining Fitness and Mental Health for a More Effective Treatment Program
At Harmony Hills, we give men and women a fighting chance at treating their mental health disorders by improving their physical fitness and mental health. We employ a variety of therapy programs to benefit our client’s mental health, such as:
- Family therapy program
- Group and individual therapy
- Trauma therapy program
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Holistic and exercise therapy
For men and women looking for an effective mental health treatment program that includes exercise and other holistic programs, call 855.494.0357 today to speak with our compassionate staff.