Stress can be very serious and can lead to various anxiety-related conditions. If you live with stress, you may know how it can affect your relationships, work-life, and even your daily life. But stress does not have to ruin your life. With Harmony Hills’ anxiety disorder treatment program, you can put stress back into perspective. For this national stress awareness day, consider letting go of stressors that cause anxiety in your life.
National Stress Awareness Day
National Stress Awareness Day is November 2. The International Stress Management Association started it to bring about more knowledge about the serious effects of stress in the lives of individuals all through the nation. Recognition of stress is the first step to helping to manage and reduce it in your life. Stress can keep us motivated, but it can also cause serious emotional and physical problems over time. Stress awareness day offers many opportunities to look at how stress could lead to a serious heart condition, hypertension, anxiety disorders, and other serious ailments.
Symptoms Of Anxiety
Knowing the symptoms and responding by seeking help for national stress awareness day can help to lower your chance of dealing with worse symptoms. Some of the symptoms of anxiety can include the following:
- Shortness of breath or hyperventilating
- Having an increased heart rate or heart palpitations
- Experiencing panic from a sense of impending danger
- Sleep disturbances
- Chest pain
- Thinking disturbances
- Trouble concentrating
- Eating disturbances
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Cannot control worrying
- Avoiding life instances that could trigger anxiety
- A feeling of being closed in or trapped
As you see, the symptoms of anxiety can be life-changing. It is important to seek help if you are dealing with the above symptoms of stress and anxiety in your life. For stress awareness day, consider reaching out to get help if you are struggling with the above symptoms.
Steps To Lower Stress
There are many ways to lower stress if you deal with high amounts of it. For stress awareness day, learn about some of the ways you can help to lower stress in your life. Some of the ways to lower stress include the following:
- Practice yoga, meditation, breathing exercises, and muscle relation techniques.
- Keep a gratitude journal.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Say no when you feel overwhelmed.
- Make lists. List priorities for your day and highlight your accomplishments.
- Get outside. Take a walk or go for a run.
- Connect with a loved one.
- Give back to your community.
- Practice self-care techniques.
- Know what triggers your stress and avoid triggers where you can.
- Look for a creative outlet such as drawing, reading, or writing.
- Relax. Watch television or play video games.
- Drink some water. Staying hydrated keeps your stress hormones in check.
These ways to lower stress can help you fight the negative symptoms of an anxiety disorder. It is very important to make sure that when you feel overwhelmed, you practice self-care techniques. If you find that these techniques are not keeping your anxiety levels in a reasonable range, it may be time to reach out for help. Getting help with anxiety from an anxiety disorder treatment program can help you learn new ways to cope with anxiety and stress.
Seek Help With Stress With Harmony Hills
Harmony Hills’ anxiety disorder treatment program can help you if you are feeling stuck due to anxiety and stress. Our experienced professional staff can help guide you through a treatment program tailored to your needs. Consider reaching out to us today. Call us at 855.494.0357 to learn more about our programs. For stress awareness day, you can alleviate stress in your life.