If you have decided to seek mental health treatment, you have already taken the most important step, recognizing the need for help. Mental illness affects millions of Americans from all age groups and walks of life, and symptoms can range from mild to severe. In recent years the health care community has worked hard to reduce the stigma that has long been associated with mental illness, a result of which has been a large growth in the number and types of mental health treatment programs available. This can make deciding which treatment program is best for you feel overwhelming.
Harmony Hills can help. We offer effective, supportive treatment in inpatient, outpatient, and partial hospitalization programs, each designed to meet our clients’ individual needs. To learn more about our mental health treatment programs is right for you, call us today at 855.494.0357.
Mental Health Treatment Program Options
Mental health treatment can take place in a variety of settings. Which setting is right for you will depend upon factors like the level of care needed based upon the severity of symptoms and the amount of time available for treatment. No matter the setting, it’s important to be sure the treatment facility you choose offers the following:
- A multidisciplinary treatment team of licensed professionals
- A thorough intake and assessment procedures
- Individualized treatment plans
- Evidence-based treatments and therapies
- Aftercare treatment planning
The three most common treatment settings are residential treatment programs (also referred to as inpatient), intensive outpatient programs (IOP), and partial hospitalization programs (PHP). Following is a summary of each:
- Residential Treatment Program: A residential treatment program is often the most beneficial for several reasons. Clients can receive around-the-clock care in a setting where they are away from the distractions of daily life. Residential treatment allows for a wider range of treatment strategies and allows clients to become completely immersed in the treatment process. For individuals who have a long-term mental illness where symptoms are more severe, a residential treatment program is the best option.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): An outpatient treatment program is best for individuals who have mental health treatment needs that do not require 24/7 care or cannot attend residential treatment because of work, school, or family obligations. Clients in an IOP program attend treatment during the day but still meet their other obligations and return to their own home night. An IOP program is well-suited for individuals with mild to moderate symptoms and a strong support system.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): A partial hospitalization program is a short-term treatment program that combines elements of residential and outpatient treatment programs. Compared to an IOP, clients spend more hours per day and more days per week receiving treatment in a highly structured setting. While the hours of treatment are generally the same as with the residential program, clients can return to their homes at the end of the day.
Mental Health Treatment Programs at Harmony Hills
Harmony Hills has developed a multilevel treatment approach designed to heal the body, mind, and spirit. Our fully licensed and highly-trained staff of physicians, psychiatrists, nurses, therapists, and support staff provide the highest level of evidence-based, holistic care possible. Following a thorough intake and assessment, clients in our mental health programs are an integral part of creating an individualized treatment plan to meet their unique needs and goals. Among the mental health treatment programs we offer are:
- Anxiety treatment program
- Bipolar disorder treatment program
- Borderline personality disorder treatment program
- Depression treatment program
- PTSD treatment program
- Schizoaffective disorder treatment program
- Self-harm/self-injurious treatment program
In addition to individual, family, group, or trauma therapy, clients participate in cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and EMDR therapy. Call us at 855.494.0357 to learn more about mental health treatment programs at Harmony Hills.
Healing Starts at Harmony Hills
At Harmony Hills, we know that a mental health program has to be flexible enough to accommodate a wide range of individual needs. We offer various levels of care to ensure that you will participate in a program that fits your schedule. Our team is available 24/7, year-round. Reach out to us now to talk with an intake specialist who can help you assess which mental health treatment program will be best for you. Your healing starts when you call 855.494.0357.